Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Girl Scout Law - Responsible for What I Say and Do

Previously, I've discussed what I have done as a Girl Scout Leader to teach my Daisy's the Girl Scout Promise, and four pieces of the Girl Scout Law: Honest and Fair, Friendly and Helpful, Considerate and Caring, and Courageous and Strong

This week, I will share what I have done for Responsible for what I say and do.


The big concept for the girls to understand for this petal is one most humans struggle with: I am responsible for what I say and do. I control myself. I cannot control anyone else. It's a pretty significant idea for most people, much less 5 and 6 year olds. 

Responsible for what I what and do is all around being a responsible person. One year, the troop bought canvas bags for the girls to decorate and hold their binders I created for them. Creating a chore chart for the girls to follow is another idea. Setting a schedule to follow in the morning to prepare for the school day is another activity. As always, Pinterest is your friend when it comes to ideas for this petal or any Girl Scout badge. 






I only found one book that tied in nicely with this petal. If there are other books that you have used, I would love for you to share that information.  "My Mouth is a Volcano" may work nicely as well. I tied that book to the Respect Myself and Others petal.







As with all the petals, I consider it success if the girl can give me an appropriate example of what it means to be "responsible for what I say and do". The Girl Scout Law will be repeated at every meeting so the girls will hear it and learn it throughout their time in Girl Scouts.




No comments:

Post a Comment