Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Girl Scout Law - Courageous and Strong

Previously, I've discussed what I have done as a Girl Scout Leader to teach my Daisy's the Girl Scout Promise, and three pieces of the Girl Scout Law: Honest and Fair, Friendly and Helpful, and Considerate and Caring. 

This week, I will share what I have done for Courageous and Strong and oh my heavens, Courageous and Strong is such a fun petal to earn! 


Dressing up as a Super Hero is a great activity for Strong and Courageous girls!





Practicing yoga poses is definitely showing strength and courage! As a multi-level troop, I try my best to incorporate all levels of badges and patches throughout the school year so we have done yoga for this petal and other physical activity badges as well. Some of my older girls struggle with the confidence to try the yoga poses so doing yoga definitely reinforces having "strength and courage".




Playing Bean Boozle with the girls is super fun and is a great example of showing strength and courage!





There are countless books to read! My all-time favorite is "Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon"! I just love this little girls spunk!





As with all the petals, I firmly believe you can accomplish earning it in one meeting. There are numerous coloring sheets you can incorporate to educate the girls on the petals and as a time filler.

If the girl can provide an example of "Courageous and Strong", I believe she has earned the petal. The Girl Scout Law will be repeated at every meeting so the girls will have ample opportunity to learn the meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment