Friday, June 1, 2018

Strong and Courageous Woman - Anne Frank





"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" Anne Frank 

I have loved Anne Frank for as long as I can remember. In fact, while living in Germany, for our 5th grade trip we went to Amsterdam and toured Anne Frank's house. What I remember most were the very steep stairs and wondering how my mother was going to do climbing them!

http://www.annefrank.org/en/

I have always been so fascinated by Anne's story and enjoyed watching her movie. It wasn't until I was an adult, that I finally read her diary and fell in love even more! 

I know some critics believe there is no way such a young person could be so thoughtful, but I believe anyone in a situation in which they have to be silent and still for hours upon hours can be reflective. I believe Anne had a talent with her words and expressing herself. She definitely showed her human side which makes her that much more relatable.

There is no doubt Anne's life was cut way too short as were 6 million other Jews in the Holocaust. I can't help to wonder what more Anne could have shared with the world had she lived. 

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005210

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." Anne Frank


 A must read for everyone!


 Great introduction to Anne Frank for early readers!


 A fun read to explore what might have been if Peter lived!


"How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment