Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday Funday! Colorado Bend State Park


Oh my heavens, do I just LOVE Colorado Bend State Park! Not only is it so amazingly beautiful, but it's close to our home - only 1 hour and 45 minutes away! Plus the drive is simply beautiful as well! Surprisingly, I still saw wildflowers in May! 

I am a sucker for the "best of" lists and Colorado Bend State Park came up time and time again as Gorman Falls is here. I am also a sucker for water falls, so of course, I wanted to explore this place. 


One of my favorite people says she loved the place and we are two peas in a pod about being outside, so that just gave me more reason to explore!



Listen, I will readily admit my girls spend a lot of time in front of electronics but they are also ROCK STARS will it comes to hiking and exploring! Their complaining is minimal and they always impress me with their endurance! Last time we came here in the Fall, we hiked for 5 miles and there was no creek to cool off in! Buttercup kept trying to turn around to walk back, not realizing we were hiking in a circle!


This was our 4th time (I believe) to explore the park and since it was hot, we took the path that I knew led us to water we could play in. 


The park has so many trails of varying levels of difficulty. The trail to Gorman Falls is NO JOKE and you can't really play in the water. There is another trail you can take that does have a creek running through it providing awesome relief. 


Dogs are welcome but I would really check out the trails before bringing the dogs. The trail we went on to the creek was fine but we explored farther and it would have not been safe with our dogs.


Of course, we will be coming back but probably in the Fall. I do want to camp here with the girls in the Spring. They do not have cabins (unlike Bastrop State Park) so we'll be tent camping. The sites are next to the Colorado River and we can bring a dog.


Grace discovered her love of taking pictures of nature on this trip! I told her taking nature pictures gives us more reason to go out exploring! 


Happy exploring friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment