Friday, April 13, 2018

Strong and Courageous Women - Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan


"I have the advantage of a mind trained to think, and that is the difference between myself and most people, not my blindness and their sight" Helen Keller

Helen Keller is amazing. She is the epitome of a strong and courageous woman! I can take a gander that just about everyone knows her story. What I admire most about Helen Keller is her persistence. That woman never gave up! Helen was so engaged in life and learning and experiencing everything possible and making a positive impact on the world!


Let us not forget Anne Sullivan! She was pretty darn phenomenal herself! I love that Anne is included in all the books about Helen as her role was absolutely vital to Helen's development. If it were not Anne to introduce Helen to sign language, that little soul would not have grown up to be who she is. Gives one a pause to think about the importance of education for all, doesn't it? 


 I really enjoyed reading her biography! The struggles Helen overcame were astounding and her ability to continue on is just inspiring!


Looking for amazing ways to introduce your young children to Helen Keller? Below are amazing books for all age and reading levels!

    I love these "Who was" and "What was" books! This is a chapter book that would be good for 2nd grade on.





 The "I am" books are wonderful for early readers.


  I've read this picture book to my Girl Scouts!


 Helen Keller is one of the American Women who Changed the World!


 Helen Keller is also in this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment