Wednesday, April 18, 2018

So many adventures with the Girl Scouts - SCUBA Diving and Zip-lining!!



Boy howdy, do I just LOVE the Girl Scouts! What do I love? I love all the amazing adventures my girls get to experience thanks to this organization! I love that we can experience adventures through our troop, our service unit, and our council!

Once Grace turned 10, she and Jon (He is "Man enough to be a Girl Scout") have been able to experience SCUBA diving and Zip-lining! How cool is that???




Also, I recently saw a a posting from our council, Central Texas, offering a camp for the older girls to work with the Austin Fire Department! My eyes watered, I was so excited for those girls! This is only an experience a girl can get through Girl Scouts! 
I love that our council is working to keep the older girls engaged in Girl Scouts. I know Girl Scouts loses it's "cool" as the girls get older and become busy with all the other extracurricular activities, but by offering these amazing hands-on experiences, it keeps the girls excited! Not only are they learning new skills and meeting new people, they are making life-long memories!

A camp unlike any other - Camp Fury ATX 
June 18-22 - Camp Fury is a collaborative program providing hands-on development of leadership skills, teamwork, respect, and self-confidence. At Camp Fury, girls will train alongside firefighters from the Austin Fire Department to learn fire and rescue skills. If you're a girl between the ages of 14-18 and want to find out just how powerful you are—both physically and mentally then Camp Fury is for you! Save your spot by visiting this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment