Saturday, April 7, 2018

I love it when my girls get dirty from playing outside!!

Today was the girls last day of Earth Native's Wilderness School for the school year! Despite the cooler than normal weather (it was brr kitty outside!), the girls played outside for 6 hours and were covered in dirt - just the way I like 'em!



 https://www.earthnativeschool.com/summer-camps

We discovered Earth Native School a few summers ago at a Nature Night at the LBJ Wildflower Center and I immediately fell in love! The concept behind the school is to teach at the children's level in regards to nature. For example, the instructors will have a lesson plan for the day but if a child sees an insect or hears a bird's song or sees a spider web - anything at all that peeks their interest - the instructor will stop and they will explore that bit of Nature!

The first school year, we met at McKinney Falls State Park and then the last two years we have met at their property in Bastrop. The summer camps are at both locations but we choose the McKinney Falls since its a wee bit closer to home.

While the girls are exploring and playing and getting completely filthy, I explore Bastrop. Usually this means I am doing homework at the library and taking breaks to walk the river front.

Today was super productive for me as I read two chapters for one of my sociology classes,  Family and Marriage, AND got to take two walks on the river front! Productive and got some tree -breathing in! Added bonus was the beautiful sound of the wind blowing through the tree leaves! Just a little slice o' heaven!



I forgot to add an after shoot so you could see the girls in all their dirty glory, so this will have to do! I should have taken a picture of my car seats when they got out - dirt was everywhere!



Such beautiful, exhausted little faces!

Please be sure to follow me and please share my blog with your friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment