Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sitting all day is hurting your body!

I'm sure you've read all the articles that have determined sitting all day is as bad for your body as smoking and I believe it. Goodness knows I spent the better part of my 16 years in the corporate world sitting. Just sitting, sitting, sitting. I would try to drink a gallon of water every day just so I'd have the excuse to get up and go to the bathroom throughout the day.

Even though it's been 4 years since I have been a stay at home mom / caregiver / endless number of titles other than corporate employee, I still have the aches and pains from those years of sitting all day.

So I try to be in constant motion and stretching my body as often as I can. One of my favorite exercises, other than walking and tree-breathing, is doing yoga! Ahhh! A good yoga session is almost as glorious as a deep-tissue massage!

With BeachBody on Demand (BOD) I can take a yoga class anytime I want. I don't have to wait for a certain class time  at the gym. If I am feeling aches and pains, I can log on to BOD and take any number of classes. There is a whole Yoga Studio with a variety of classes, such as flow, cardio and flow, core and sculpt. I like to focus on the Restorative classes and in every class I learn a new move.

I recently did the Three Week Yoga Retreat which was awesome. I appreciated that they offered modifications both for beginners and more practiced yogis.

If you want to learn more about the different BeachBody on Demand exercise programs, please let me know! I am here to help!



I love doing the forward fold bend to stretch out my back and legs 

             The downward facingdog is great for back and leg stretching too

My friend, Dani, taught me the pigeon stretch for my hips

Different angle for the pigeon                                          

I LOVE this stretch and am always doing it whenever I can!



https://mysite.coach.teambeachbody.com?coachId=1491596&locale=en_US


No comments:

Post a Comment