Wednesday, May 16, 2018

You Throw Like a Girl - Junior Scribe Badge



I saw a Facebook posting in one of the several Girl Scout Groups I belong to about an adult Girl Scout who had written a book and I about lost myself! Rachele Alpine is an author who has written several young reader books and was promoting her most recent one, "You Throw Like a Girl". 

With proof of purchase of the books from Amazon, Rachele sold me the "You Throw Like a Girl" patches for a very reasonable price and sent each girl a signed book mark! I was so excited! The troop bought a book for each girl which included a signed book mark from the author! I tasked the girls to read the book over the summer, write a letter to Rachele so that when we returned for the school year, we could video conference with the author.

My girls are kinder through 5th so the book was too advanced for some of my girls, but not for most. And truth be told, some girls read the book and some didn't but everyone was given the opportunity to do so.

For every girl that wrote Rachele a letter, she wrote a return letter! I was impressed because each letter was unique to that girl!

One of our first meetings for this school year was to video conference with Rachele! As expected, some girls were prepared and some weren't, but I believe each girl was thrilled to be able to speak to a real life author!

The girls that read the book and wrote a letter to Rachele earned the Junior Scribe badge!

https://www.rachelealpine.com/you-throw-like-a-girl







No comments:

Post a Comment