Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Girl Scout Junior Playing in the Past Badge Activity!

My sister-in-law hosted a murder mystery party for her husband's birthday party and I thought that would make an excellent activity for the Junior's Playing in the Past! Unfortunately the kid-friendly mystery games are very limited. After a fair amount of digging, I was able to locate three of the American Girl Mystery Party games through Amazon.

Since I have broken my troop into two patrols, we were able to play two games and include all the girls. Patrol One played Kit's game and Patrol two played Samantha's game. I elected not to play Kit's game bacause the time period is around Halloween.

Both parties were spectacular! All the girls really seemed to enjoy themselves! I provided the recommended charter costumes in advance so all the girls were dressed up. Everyone used clothes from home so did not need to buy anything special.

I tasked the girls with providing props from that time period to enhance the experience.

The game included all the necessary information. The only thing I needed to add was a tray of cookies for each game.

There was a fair amount of reading. Some characters had A LOT more reading than others. I didn't read the script in advance so I didn't assign the characters to specific girls.

Overall, this was a great experience and one I plan on doing again with the troop. Our girls were kinder through 5th and the script and the flow of the game kept everyone engaged and interested. One recommendation may be to assign the characters based upon reading levels.




I am very pleased with the contents in the game. All include 8 invitations, 8 scripts (one for each girl), the clues, name tags, and a parents guide.





No comments:

Post a Comment