Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Girl Scout Law - Respect Authority

Previously, I've discussed what I have done as a Girl Scout Leader to teach my Daisy's the Girl Scout Promise, and five pieces of the Girl Scout Law: Honest and Fair, Friendly and Helpful, Considerate and Caring, Courageous and Strong, and Responsible for what I say and Do. 

This week, I will share what I have done for Respect Authority.

I have only found one book for this petal which is "Officer Buckle and Gloria" BUT there are many great field trip ideas!






We have toured the police station, fire station, and the library! Our most recent visit to the Police Department was to earned our Safety Awards but this petal certainly qualifies. The library tour can also work with the "Use Resources Wisely" petal. Having someone in the military visit would be appropriate as could a school principal. Really the options are endless. There are so many ways to teach the girls to "Respect Authority". Respecting you as the Troop Leader and thereby the Authority is appropriate!





If the Fire Department always has the EMS, that would be a nice compliment to the First Aid Badge.
Also, the Fire Department tour works well towards the Safety Award.



The Library tour also works as a great field trip for the "Use Resources Wisely" petal.


I would encourage you to bring a thank you gift either homemade cookies or Girl Scout cookies or Fall product.  My co-leader found this cool Thank you Poem on Pinterst (we LOVE Pinterst) which we will fill with the different candy.


As with all the petals, I consider it success when the girl can provide me with an appropriate example of what it means to Respect Authority.





No comments:

Post a Comment