Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Funday - Garey Park in Georgetown





Garey Park is the newest park in Georgetown, Texas and it is truly beautiful! 



I was unpleasantly surprised to find out there was an entrance fee. That was disappointing. I am going to have to think long and hard about purchasing an annual pass, because it is pretty stinking beautiful and close. 


It doesn't compare the Brushy Creek park in regards to it's long and shaded hike and bike trail, but it is closer, which would save me time and gas. 


The little trail we explored was shaded and took us to the San Gabriel River. 


Darn drought!! When we come back, I'll be more prepared with water shoes for everyone so we can go exploring. This is the river that feeds into Blue Hole. We need some RAIN! Some of the rain from the typhoon in the Philippines needs to make it's way over to us!


I am excited that there is much more to explore. 


The brand new playground was pretty spectacular even for my older girls!



There are 3 zip lines!





Right next to the ample playground is a nice size splash pad (though it is not covered) and a dog park, which we did not explore.

Garey Park is beautiful and I am excited to go back. I fear with the entrance fee, it will not be my go to place for dog-walking. One could easily make the morning or day out of the amenities. Oh! Speaking of which - plenty of bathrooms with flushing toilets! My fav! 









No comments:

Post a Comment