Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Girl Scout Law - Respect Myself and Others

Previously, I've discussed what I have done as a Girl Scout Leader to teach my Daisy's the Girl Scout Promise, and six pieces of the Girl Scout Law: Honest and Fair, Friendly and Helpful, Considerate and Caring, Courageous and Strong, Responsible for what I say and Do, and Respect Authority. 

This week, I will share what I have done for Respect Myself and Others. 

Respecting Myself and Others can be approached in a variety of ways. The way I have done so throughout the years is by giving the girls a mirror that they can bedazzle and discuss personal hygiene. 

Dove's Free to be Me https://free-being-me.com/ has such amazing activity booklets for all levels that could be applied to this petal. 

One could easily go on a field trip to earn this petal! We toured our local HEB for the HEB fun patch but this petal could easy apply. The Brownie My Best Self certainly works with a grocery store field trip.  https://www.gsctx.org/en/about-girl-scouts/our-program/Badges/patch-program.html

I was inspired to tour the local food bank as it applies to the Brownie Financial Literacy Give Back badge but can easily apply to Respect Myself and Others petal.

I would imagine the approaches to teach this petal are endless. The idea is for the girl to learn what it means to respect themselves and others. Can they give you an example of what it means to Respect themselves and others? If so, I believe the petal is earned. 







Touring our local HEB grocery store





Touring our local food bank





Mirror craft for the Dove Free to be Me patch and Brownie's World of Girls Journey



Below are the recommended books for Respect Myself and Others petal. I like to Play Bob Marley's "One Love" while I read the book. "My Mouth is a Volcano" is excellent and it appears there is an activity book you can purchase to supplement the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment