Thursday, July 5, 2018

It's my Birthday! 44 things I know for sure





It's my birthday today! Woo-hoo! I've been blessed with 44 years on this planet and pray for at least another 56 of happy, mentally, physically, cognitively, spiritually healthy years to make it to a cool 100!

I figured if Chris Pratt and Oprah can come up with things they know for sure, I can use my birthday to share 44 things I know for sure. This should be interesting. And challenging. Quite challenging. Let's see.

I guess I should put a disclaimer. I don't mean to offend. This is my blog and my opinions, so I get to say whatever I want.

In no particular order:

1. A morning walk is the absolute best way to start your day
2. On this morning walk, take a few minutes to thank the universe for your blessings and plan your day
3. You can truly tell how people are by how they treat service people, i.e. wait staff, custodians, etc
4. You can also tell how people truly are by how they treat their pets.
5. Speaking of people, there is a big difference between big dog people and small dog people - I am a big dog person
6. Family does not mean blood. Friends can become your family
7. Take care of your parents. Your children are watching you. How you treat your parents is how your kids will treat you when you are old and need help. Plus it's the right thing to do.
8. I truly believe people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime and it can be super difficult to know during or after why the person was there
9. Aliens exisit
10. With all the billions of stars in this gigantic universe, there HAS to be other life forms. HAS.TO.BE.
11. Science fiction is fascinating
12. Anything is possible. Truly. See # 11.
13. Losing the weight isn't nearly as fun as gaining the weight.
14. Speaking of gaining weight, melted cheese and bread is AMAZE BALLS
15. Also, my concoction of a salad at Salata brings me such incredible joy
16. Spend time with your children. Talk to them. Listen to them. They are amazing and one day they will be taking care of you, so teach them now how to be kind.
17. Cards against Humanity is awesome!
18. There are definite moments I miss smoking, but do yourself and your loved ones a favor, DON'T SMOKE. EVER. Don't take that first drag. Walk away.
19. When I read the saying "You'll regret the things you didn't do", I disagree, I regret MORE the things I have done than have not done
20. Don't watch so much damn TV. Seriously.
21. Tree-breathing is incredibly good for your soul
22. Avoid negative ass people as much as possible
23. Who the fuck cares about celebrities?? Focus your love and attention on those around you.
24. Read every chance you get. Read anything. Whatever your heart desires. Except the tabloids. That is a waste of brain space.
25. Take care of your teeth. For reals.
26. Babies cannot be spoiled. Hold that baby. As much as you possibly can, because in a blink of an eye, they won't want to snuggle anymore.
27. I poo poo the cry it out method. Please. Hold that baby.
28. Also, stay home with your baby for as long as you can financially afford to do so
29. Sleep. Sleep is so utterly important.
30. Don't feel guilty about taking naps. See above.
31. Love your people. Tell them you love them every day.
32. However, actions speak louder than words.
33. Read "The Five Love Languages". Figure out your love language and your loved ones love language and speak to them that way. You will be thankful you did.
34. Be kind. Truly EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this planet is going through some sort of struggle that you have no idea about. Don't be a dick.
35. People are incredibly interesting if you take the time to get to know them.
36. Shut up every once in a while. Listen.
37. Some may see cussing as crass and uncouth but I see it as a creative way to express one's self
38. That being said, be mindful of your audience
39. You can only control yourself. No one else. I am serious here. The only person you can control is yourself.
40. There are consequences for every action, either negative or positive. If you take care of yourself, you will feel good. If you don't, you won't. Pretty simple.
41. Don't go to tanning beds. I mean really, who still does that?
42. Save, give, spend.
43. Give. Give. Give. Give to the homeless person. Give to your kid's teachers. Give to the trash person.
44. Buy Girl Scout cookies. If you see a Girl Scout working a cookie booth, buy a box. It's $4. If you don't want a box, donate a box. Donate one dollar. But for all the love of the universe, don't just pretend you didn't see the little girl or hear the little girl ask for your support. Ignoring her is just a dick thing to do as is going out the other door to avoid her. Don't be a dick.

That wasn't as painful as I thought. I guess I do have quite a few things to share.

Have a great day! Be kind to your fellow humans!



2 comments: