Wednesday, August 22, 2018

SUP'ing with the Girl Socuts


Have I told you lately how much I love Girl Scouts? Its been a few seconds? Ok! I LOVE THE GIRL SCOUTS!! Why? Well for many, many reasons! But for the sake of simplicity and brevity, for this post, I love the Girl Scouts because of the many exciting, fun opportunities they provide to my girls.



Truth be told, I am not a strong swimmer so I don't seek out adventures that involve swimming. I was over the moon excited when I saw that my local Girl Scout Council had already planned an activity with a Stand Up Paddle board company in Waco. So all  I had to do was drive them there and let the professionals do their magic. 


Thankfully my girls ARE strong, confident swimmers so they immediately felt comfortable and at ease SUP'ing. It looked like so much fun, I think I may just find some time for us to go SUP'ing as a Phelan Phamily! Wearing a life jacket gives me the extra confidence I need.


So how did I find a Girl Scout activity 1.5 hours away from my house? I went to my local Girl Scout council's website https://www.gsctx.org/  , selected Events, Event Calendar, selected Junior 4th and 5th grade, and here's where the magic happens - I leave the area blank! Doing so, gives me ALL the Junior activities in the entire Central Texas council. By not limiting us to Austin, we find so many more fun activities to experience! I encourage you to do the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment