Saturday, August 18, 2018

Digging Deeper into Shakeology, Part 7- Digestive Enzymes



Ok, ok! So at this point I am like a broken record, I know. "Nutrient-dense" and "super foods" and "meal replacement". It's difficult not to want to share the excitement about something I have incorporated into my life and have seen such tremendous health benefits! Same with my mom! Not only did her cardiologist bless the ingredients, but she has now come off of FIVE supplements and looks and feels great! 

Don't you want to feel some of the same? Don't you want to start your day off with a meal that takes seconds to minutes to make (depending on the recipe)? Don't you want to start off your day with a burst of energy? Don't you want to start your day off not craving sugar and processed food? Don't you want to start your day off feeling light and regular? Shakeology isn't just limited to breakfast. You can easily replace your lunch or dinner with a shakeology and get all the same benefits.

We've spent the last 2 months reviewing the individual ingredients in the shakeology and we are almost done. We have digestive enzymes and Vitamins left to review. Let's get to reviewing!

Yet again, I do want to add my disclaimer that I am not a nutritionist or any type of health expert. I am, however, someone who is passionate about being as healthy as I possibly can be and sharing what I learn with others. (I'll be saying this every week just so there isn't any confusion).

I know know we can all scour the internet for information and for these upcoming posts, I will do just that for you. As with anything, you are welcome to do your own research as well. 

The last several Saturdays, I have shared information regarding the Premium Protein and Amino Acids, Antioxidants and Super-Fruits, and Phytonutrients and Super-Greens,  Adaptogenic Herbs and Botanicals and  Probiotics, Prebiotics, and FiberThis week, I'll share information about the Digestive Enzymes and their health benefits.

The week we are going to talk about the 
Digestive Enzymes - Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Glucomylase, Alpha-Galactosidase, Invertase


Amylase: According to Intergrative Therapuetics, "Amylase is responsible for the breaking of the bonds in starches, polysaccharides, and complex carbohydrates into easier to absorb simple sugars."

Back to our friend, Dr. Axe who lables Amylase as "The Anti-Diabetes Digestive Enzyme that Boosts Energy".

Cellulase, "are enzymes that break down the cellulose found in plant cell walls into simple sugars that can serve as the raw materials for biofuels, as well as many of the biobased chemicals, plastics, and other materials discussed above," according to Science Direct.

Enzymedica tells us cellulase is essential for digesting fruits and vegetables.


Lactase, Enclyopedia Brittana tells us that lactase is needed for digesting milk sugars into the simple sugars glucose and galactose..



Glucomylase, "(also known as amyloglucosidase or AMG) is an important digestive enzyme that helps us absorb nutrients and create energy from some of the most common plant foods that we eat. It does this by breaking down the starch that occurs naturally in most vegetables that we eat. This starch is present in high amounts in common foods like potatoes, corn, rice, and wheat. It’s also added as a filler or processing additive in prepared food products", according to Global Healing Center.


Alpha-Galactosidase, Also from Global healing Center we learn alpha-galactosidase helps us with the gas and bloating we get from some of the foods we eat.

Invertase Back to the Global Healing Center regarding "Invertase’s ability to break down (hydrolyze) the bond between fructose and glucose makes it a vital part of the digestion of complex sugars into blood sugar (glucose) which can be used as a ready fuel source by the body."


Who is Ready to order?
Great! Comment below, check out my business page, or contact me via my Facebook Page! 

Want to find out how to get your Shakeology at a 25% discount or even for FREE?
Contact me and I will tell you! how!

Do you have a bag and now need some help with how to make a delicious recipe?
Check out the video I posted on my Facebook page! Pinterest has amazing ideas as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment