Friday, August 24, 2018

To all the Strong and Courgeous Women in My Life

When I started my blog, I initially thought I would flip flop between highlighting a famous woman and then a personal friend in my blog. I then realized some friends may not want their lives highlighted for the internets to see. Also, I didn't want to inadvertently leave anyone out. However, today I was inspired to write a post to all my strong and courageous friends!

Growing up,  I wasn’t surrounded by lots of women (or men) to look up to for guidance and advice. Dad was an only child and Mom had one sister who we weren’t able to see often due to living far away. Dad was uber social and had a lot of friends, but Mom was not, so I didn't have pseudo aunts and uncles to offer guidance in my life either. As an adult and Mother,  I have made it a point of surrounding my girls with positive role models. 

Since I cannot highlight one particular friend, I will highlight many, as I am amazed every day by the strength and courage of these women. A woman who every time I talk to her has another health issue but continues to muster through to do her best. Another woman who had the straightest moral compass if anyone I know. A woman, who despite over a decade and half of working on her marriage with her alcoholic husband, has said no more for her and her children. A woman who struggles to be the best step-mother possible. A woman who gives her all to her teaching career and loves her girls with a love like no other. A woman who truly delights in my girls. A woman who hasn’t yet been able to have her own children but gives her own heart to loving others. 

Thankfully, I could go on and on. Are these women perfect? Heavens no. No one is. I certainly am not. I am ever so thankful for these women. I am thankful for the love and care they bring into my life and even more, I love that they are in my daughter's lives. I love that in time of need, my girls have multiple women they can turn to for love and guidance. 


To all the strong and courageous women in my life: I know some moments are more difficult than others, but know that your everyday strength and courage is seen, appreciated,  and I thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment