Saturday, August 4, 2018

Digging Deeper into Shakeology, Part 6 - Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Fiber





Shakeology is truly an amazing super-food nutrient dense meal replacement shake. Done. I mean, really. The more I research the ingredients and learn about the health benefits of the specific ingredients, I am happily surprised and amazed. I drink a Shakeology on a daily basis and feel great! So does my mom. In fact, her cardiologist reviewed the ingredients and gave his blessings! Mom's daily Shakeology has replaced her morning Boost, oatmeal, and 4 vitamins and supplements. Mom's home health nurse raves about her vitals being good and her skin looking healthy. I have noticed a huge improvement in mom's mental state, particularly in the morning; she is more alert and happy. I know for myself starting the day off with a Shakeology gives me the natural boost to start my day! Plus, knowing I am choosing healthy foods makes me want to continue to make healthy choices throughout the day. It takes me 5 minutes to make both Shaekology's for me and Mom in the morning. Five minutes well spent. 

Could I buy the ingredients at my local HEB Store? Possibly, but I honestly don't think so. I would definitely have to hit up Sprouts and Central Market and even then I may not find everything. Would it be costly? Oh heaves, yes!! Could I eat all the ingredients in one seating? No, I could not. Another solution, of course, is to have ONE Shakeology for the low price of $4.30 or $3.23 if you are a coach! What? That is a steal!! Yes, it is! $4.30 (or $3.23) for 70 super-food ingredients in one scoop! $4.30 (or $3.23) for amazing health benefits! Mind blown!

Yet again, I do want to add my disclaimer that I am not a nutritionist or any type of health expert. I am, however, someone who is passionate about being as healthy as I possibly can be and sharing what I learn with others. (I'll be saying this every week just so there isn't any confusion).

I know know we can all scour the internet for information and for these upcoming posts, I will do just that for you. As with anything, you are welcome to do your own research as well. 

The last several Saturdays, I have shared information regarding the Premium Protein and Amino Acids, Antioxidants and Super-Fruits, and Phytonutrients and Super-Greens, and 
Adaptogenic Herbs and Botanicals . This week, I'll share information about the Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Fiber and their health benefits.

The week we are going to talk about the 
Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Fiber- Yacon Root, Chicory Root, Bacillus Coagulans  and their health benefits.

Yacon Root  Starting off with the folks at Livestrong and they state the health benefits of eating the Yacon Root is possible weight loss, reduced cholesterol and triglycerides, and improved digestive health. 
https://www.livestrong.com/article/411828-yacon-root-health-benefits-side-effects/
From our friends at Organic Facts: "The health benefits of yacon include its ability to regulate blood sugar levels, lower “bad” cholesterol, help with weight loss, lower blood pressure, improve the health of the liver, prevent certain types of cancer, boost digestive health, and strengthen the immune system."
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/yacon.html
It is also used as a “tonic,” to increase urine production, to protect the liver, and to balance the stimulant effect of coffee."


Chicory Root

From our trusty friends at WedMD: "Chicory is used for loss of appetite, upset stomachconstipationliver and gallbladder disorders, cancer, and rapid heartbeat.

From a new source, Dr. Purlmetter, who says the chicory root is 65% dietry fiber. We love fiber! Cleans out those pipes!


Bacillus Coagulans
This was a new one for me - always learning, I say - and turns out Bacillus Coagulans is a bacteria, but a good one. I guess my context glues should have clued me into this being a bacteria. This bacteria helps aid digestion.

Information from Huffington Post regarding the bacteria and it aiding with digestion.



Who is Ready to order?
Great! Comment below, check out my business page, or contact me via my Facebook Page! 


https://www.facebook.com/healthjourneywithliz/
Want to find out how to get your Shakeology at a 25% discount or even for FREE?
Contact me and I will tell you! how!
Do you have a bag and now need some help with how to make a delicious recipe?
Check out the video I posted on my Facebook page! Pinterest has amazing ideas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment