Sunday, September 23, 2018

Do you struggle with getting to the gym? Me too!


For over a year now, I have had the ability to log on to a database of over 800 workouts in the comfort of my home. 

I don't have to drive to a gym. I don't have to find a parking spot. I don't have to wait for a class to start. I don't have to feel awkward because I don't know anyone and I am the absolute worst at making small talk. I don't have to feel embarrassed because I look like a baby giraffe fumbling about trying to keep up with the moves. I don't have to feel embarrassed, if heaven forbid, I need to let out a little gas. 

Instead, I can log into the workout database on my computer at whatever time of the day that best suits me. I can choose from any number of workouts from cardio to weight lifting to yoga. I can choose the fitness level from beginner to advance. I can choose the length of time of the workout. I can pass gas to my heart's content without offending anyone or feeling embarrassed. 

Working out at home is like taking an online class in that you do have to have the self motivation to hit play. That being said, I do participate with a group of supportive, like minded people who are all rooting each other on to be as healthy as possible. So while I am working out in the comfort of my home at the time that best suits me, I am not on an island as I have a whole cheering section supporting me!

I have completed a variety of workout programs over the course of the year. I am in the last week of a weight lifting, HIIT cardio, and ab program that is 4 days a week. I started out with a MMA cardio kickboxing class that was 6 days a week and the class lengths varied between 30-45 minutes. I moved on a 3 week program that was 7 days a week for 30 minutes a day and incorporated cardio, strength training, Pilates, and yoga. I completed an intense 25 minute cardio workout program. I dabbled with many of the yoga classes in the yoga studio to include a 3 week yoga program.

All of the workout programs include a workout schedule and nutrition program. I didn't love the restrictiveness of the meal plans so I used Weight Watchers. I recently moved over to a new nutrition plan, which like Weight Watchers, doesn't eliminate any particular food groups and is very sensible about moderation. To be honest, I moved to this meal plan to save money on the monthly app from Weight Watchers fee as the new app was included in the overall price. 

Since starting the at home workouts and being much more mindful of the food I eat, I have lost 34.4 lbs and 25 inches! More excitedly, is that I have now kept the weight off! The weight came off slow and steady with a loss of 1-2 lbs a week. Some weeks I would gain a pound or two or three and then I would refocus on my activity and what I was eating and start losing again. The key to weight loss is less calories in and more calories out. The beauty of this workout database the variety of workout programs to best suit your needs! Either as a new be beginner or an advanced tri-athlete! There is something here for every body!


Interested in learning more about how to be your best self? Check out my Facebook business page!



 August 2017
         
August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment