Wednesday, January 9, 2019

2019 - Year of Adventure!!

Hi Friends! I know it's been quite a bit since I've posted on my blog! Thank you for checking it out today! One of my priorities this year is to spend time on my blog. I may shift the focus a bit as it's always a bit daunting to know how much to share. It is always interesting to see which posts resonates with folks.  

One aspect of my life I do definitely want to share and I don't know why for the life of me I haven't done this before but is to share reviews of the books I read. Nothing fancy pants like you'd see in Goodreads, but a thumbs up or down. One of my favorite questions to ask my friends is "what are you reading?" And now, you'll know for me!

Today I want to share with you the girls gift from Santa. This gift idea is not my own. I absolutely borrowed this gift idea from Facebook. An ingenious and creative grandmother made a year of adventures for her grandchildren. The envelopes were beautifully decorated and the main gift was a trip to Disney. That aint happening here. I am many things but crafty, I am not. Also, with our current living situation with my Mom, I don't see a long vacation this year. But that is A OK because there are quite a few things to do in our lovely town.


See, I told you I am not crafty.




Yup. Not crafty at all. I had to label the envelopes so we know which girl opens which month. Gotta be fair, you know!



So month one was Painting with a Twist!


A crowd pleaser!


Honestly, I was inspired by this month because my lovely niece asked for a Painting with a Twist gift certificate for her birthday in December. Soooo...figured what a perfect way to start the year! 



The girls have done a painting or two already. The children's options are always fun. 


I was happy to see the outline was drawn on for them.


Finished project. Grace's super powers are in the art arena for sure. She wasn't in love with this painting but was able to experiment with texture. 


Caroline enjoyed herself more than in the past. She is a harsh critic of her art so I was pleased this experience didn't end up with her in tears. 

If you haven't been to Painting with a Twist, I do highly recommend doing so! I've gone with girl friends and enjoyed the wine and snacks. I've gone with my girls and enjoyed that experience. I've seen single folks enjoying the quiet time and of course, this is great as a date night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment